Monday, June 27, 2005

OI! You lot! Just cos i'm absent, doesn't mean you can laze around all day doin' nothin'!

Back to work! Chop chop!

But just to get the ball rolling for you, i'll relate to you the incident that happened to me recently:

'twas a beautiful morning (Actually, it was more like mid-afternoon, and i'd been having a lovely and totally schmoozy lie-in) when i awakened to the sweet sounds of birds singing merrily and cheerily threw back my bedroom curtains to greet the day (Belatedly, obviously) and view my oh-so-glorious surroundings (My quaint cobbled back street and just beyond, through the equally quaint and retro Auschwitz style fencing, a truck-yard and factory)

Rubbing my sleepy eyes and peering out into the world, i quickly became aware that all was not right with the world as i knew it.

It had something to do with the hippo, i think.

The one wearing stripey pyjamas.

The one wearing stripey pyjamas and throwing the kind of postures only an alcoholic mime would attempt.

Looked a bit like this:


Hippo Bastard!

With instinctive lightning speed i reacted by letting my jaw drop in disbelief. Jeezy Chreezy!- What HAD i been drinking last night?!?! Was i now doomed to share my waking world being stalked by eccentric hippos?

But wait! The worst was yet to come! As the walking abomination made its way towards the factory interior (And god knows what its evil intentions would be inside) it stopped.

And looking straight at me... it waved.

I was confronted by a social impasse at that moment. Imean... how exactly does one wave at a hippo in pyjamas? Nonchalantly? Feyly? IS it even COOL to wave at such a thing? Also... what if it secretly knew i had no pants on? Or even guessed?

I did the only wise thing i could. I recoiled back into bed, with a sheepish grin on my face and checking my forehead for signs of a temperature.

S.x

6 Comments:

Blogger The Saturnyne said...

Ahhh!

*writes down for future reference*

Oh, and Hi Helen!

THankyou!

S.x

12:29 PM  
Blogger The Saturnyne said...

PS. It's hard to think about respect when you haven't got pants on.

=}

1:09 PM  
Blogger LiVEwiRe said...

I was doing fine until you said you'd had no pants on. Why do you toy with me like this, Saturnyne? {grin}

10:20 PM  
Blogger The Saturnyne said...

Haw haw! I'm sure i've certainly "saluted" many times without pants!

Haw haw!

*ahem*

S.x

8:29 AM  
Blogger dr.v (Not a narcotic Pez dispenser) said...

oh salute me anytime....

4:46 PM  
Blogger The Saturnyne said...

HAw!

Sure thing!

S.xx

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home