Friday, July 01, 2005

Sod's law-discuss

In which the prisoner debates Murphy, and all his ramifications

I don't believe in things averaging out, somewhere in the world there is a force manipulating all those little things so that they turn out in the most irritating way, like bread always landing butter side down. Actually there's a scientific explanation for that. but try explaining this...

When i -like any dutiful son should- make tea for mater and pater (mom and dad to you yanks), i always, ALWAYS have the mugs in the wrong hands, so i have to perform a complicated swapping maneover to give each parent the correct tea. In all the times i have made the tea i have never once got them the right way round no matter how hard i try. Damn you Murphy.

and another thing. i'm reasonable tall, just about six foot, and yet at gigs ALL the tallest people elect to stand right in front of me and NOONE ELSE. i mean it, nobody. plus i'm always right in the path of ALL the people making their way to the bar or the lavatory, all of them, who then decide it's a good idea to try and get past me, or through me, despite the fact that in a crowded area someone of my size resembles a roadblock in a camo jacket. i despair of these people.

i'd accept these curious happenings if it sometimes went the other way, but it never does! gaaah. *frustration* there must be more examples of sod's law at work out there, share them with me!

5 Comments:

Blogger The Saturnyne said...

I remember seeing The White Stripes in Manchester... well i remember seeing their hair... some of it.

Bloody huge tall peeps everywhere!

And i'm only 5'8". Pumpkin had it even worse! She's a mighty 5'0!

It sounded good, though...

S.

11:49 AM  
Blogger LiVEwiRe said...

Even at 5'9" I find I have the same problem. It's not as bad if they are somewhat sedate as you can look around them. I tend to get the most active ones that appear to be doing the Hokey Pokey leaving me absolutely no way to anticipate their next move. Most of my life is akin to that and I've just come to terms with the fact that my purpose is to provide the 'better you than me' sort of entertainment for others. And if anyone was kind enough to bring me tea, I'd just smile and thank them, even if it was a bit off. {Patting Prisoner on the head}... good boy! =)

4:34 PM  
Blogger The Prisoner said...

i'll have you know my tea is never off! i pride myself on my tesmaking skills =)

6:02 AM  
Blogger thoughts said...

hahhaha.. but imagine the plight of a 5.3! oh many eg.. reaching the bus stop just in time to see the bus tail gates whizzing by....realizing the burnt smell is of the food u kept to warm abt half hr bk ;)...the list is never ending!

8:13 AM  
Blogger The Prisoner said...

ah! i'd forgotten about the buses.
someone i knew once had his glasses snatched off by the closing doors cos the driver left it slightly too late to close them in his face.

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home