Saturday, October 29, 2005

Have you ever wondered...

...just how far you have to go to completely spell things out for some people?!

Sometimes I start off giving them an iota of credit for possibly having a brain - no clue. Then I start in with subtlety - no clue. When I start dropping pretty direct hints, it makes for an ever-so-slight turn of this head; kind of like the quizzical look a dog might give you just way less cute. Next stop - I completely lay it all out. And what do I get? Come on, you can at least guess... that's right... abso-fucking-lutely nothing. Nothing. Not one damned thing. So I give people a little time to stick their head in the sand and digest what I've said. Cool - I'm impatient but I know everyone has different rates at which they respond...

So here's what I'm thinking... just a little more time and then out comes the heavy artillery. Know this now, I will level your ass before you even realize that I've opened my mouth. My words will no doubt leave you shuddering alone in the corner, whimpering, wetting your pants and mumbling something about your mother and cookies for a bake sale and how you never really meant to kick the dog that one day. And I will stand there, above you, feeling bad for what could have been but only looking down on what never should have been.

Just when you think I've cleared my head enough to speak with sense or kindness you'll learn that the momentary silence was due to my subconscious summoning all the things you've ever told me. Things that will now have their essence brutally wrung from them, twisted, sharpened into deadly arrows, and placed in the bows that are my lips... You will be wounded. I do not try to do this, it just happens. I take no pride in it; it just is.

It's very easily prevented, though... just fucking talk to me; no more avoidance. That is all I've ever asked yet it always seems to be too much.
(This is just some general feelings, not a dedication...no one need wonder.)

7 Comments:

Blogger The Saturnyne said...

Wow!

You must've been reeeally pissed off to write this.

So well written too.

I always think that people would do a lot better for themselves and those around them if they'd be a bit more open, and speak a little.

S.x

1:13 PM  
Blogger LiVEwiRe said...

S.x - Yep, you could say that. And that is precisely my point, if people would just have a speck of courage or faith in themselves to say what is going on in their head, then I wouldn't be 'forced' to turn into such an evil person.

I do react that way, and you'd never guess it to just meet me. Unfortunately I have a knack for destroying someone with a few well placed words.

On the bright side, you've not pissed me off ever! =)

3:05 PM  
Blogger The Prisoner said...

be thankful you dont have to deal with my mate Sean. He's a great guy but very slow and the most gullible guy i know.

conversations with him are such hard work. We snuck out of hospital radio to go to macdonalds, came back with Mcflurries in our hands and when he asked us where we'd been, I said "My grans funeral!" in a singsong sarcastic voice, while waving our mcflurries at him and he still believed me.

5:32 AM  
Blogger LiVEwiRe said...

You poor thing... he just needs a good slap upside the head. or 12...

9:10 AM  
Blogger Ginger Doll said...

I err on the side of bluntness to the point where people thing I'm a pig...

One of my managers used to comment 'now just say it as it is, Jane'. Well, yes thats the point! I do! I say if someone's taking the piss or being a tool. I'll speak up if I think management are a bunch of idiots who should have their toys (i.e. me) taken away from them.

But people don't like this for some reason...

8:41 AM  
Blogger LiVEwiRe said...

Janey - I'll tell ya' - what's wrong with these people not liking such honesty? ;) I'll take the truth any day!

2:27 PM  
Blogger Motormouth said...

Remind me to never get on the wrong side of you livewire!
Although I am immune to any well placed comments. Nothing anyone says can affect me like that, I just shrug. Also I am about as likely to annow someone in that way as I am to suddenly take a liking to emo music and convert to christanity. As in, no fucking way. Ever.

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home