Thursday, October 30, 2008

My blood boils

Well since I have returned to bloggerland full time(in theory) I should give this place a kick up the jacksie, maybe spruce her up a bit, new logo...actually thats about all I can be bothered to do/am able to do (what little I knew about html before has almost all been forgotten)

Moving on, does anyone else(I think I know the answer to this one) find that sometimes(read:a fair bit of the time) think that the public, those that shop in places like, oh lets say an entertainment store like I work in can be arrogant, self serving, ignorant, selfish fucks? Well I do find this, and today a customer came in, and asked about an order she had placed on our online store...that has nothing to do with us. whatsoever. we are a small store, part of a much larger company. The website has its own customer service, and people that can help with problems. We cannot help, because at no stage do we even remotely have anything to do with it. Same company, but not everyone in the company is responsible for everything else. That is why there is a customer services number. We are just there to do our jobs, and we shouldn't expect a rude, ignorant idiot like this to come in and refuse to leave until someone has sorted out her problem. We are people too, same as you, we have feelings, and you can be damn sure you wouldn't like it if it was you on the recieving end. Sure, it should be sorted out, but when we tell you, politely, that it is nothing to do with us, and that you need to call customer services because it isn't even slightly to do with us, and we can do nothing about it, then you should do just that, not demand that we help you. In the end we basically had to call customer services for her. Not our job, and they asked to speak to her in the end anyway, because of course, it should have been her calling in the first place. Angry!
Now I don't hate all customers, some are very nice, and a lot of them are polite, and I help them, when I can of course, and if I can't I suggest an alternative if there is one. I have had many customers say how good our service was, and even had one write in once to say how good my service was. I do my job well, i'm not just hating her for making me do something that I wouldn't usually do. In fact, she drove to the store I think, and that would have cost her more money I imagine, than the cost of the phonecall would have, all because she just wanted to blame someone in person, whether it had anything to do with them or not.
Ok, rant over.

Dan
xxxx

1 Comments:

Blogger The Saturnyne said...

Good to see you back! Yeh, bevcause you work in a store and get to meet a huuuge number of people, the cchances of you meeting those who spoil your day are rather vastly increased... it only takes 1 among hundreds, and they'll be the one you remember at the end of the day. bastards, aren't they?

S.

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home