Friday, July 15, 2005

Damned In Any Language(A Plague On Words)

Well, I thought it was about time I did something on here, seeing as I did start it. Well I, as you might know by now, never have any idea what to write, and write the first thing that comes into my head...blowing the crap out of everything!
I don't knoe if any of you know of a game called mercenaries, but that is what it says on the back...blow the crap out of everything!
This is obviously a very American type of game, as 'If it moves shoot it...if it doesn't, blow it up! That's the American way!' is basically this game in a nutshell. Albeit in a grenade shaped nutshell, blowing the crap out of where it lands, presumably. But anyway, it is fun, but I was watching a programme about the best fighter planes ever recently, and it was American, but one guy(American) that was talking about one of the planes was saying how much fun it was to cruise around at speed, do loops, rolls, shoot and bomb stuff. Hang on, he finds it fun? To bomb people? Well that is a bit, well it makes him a nutter, with bombs basically. No wonder there were so many friendly fire incidents in Iraq, if all of the people in the planes were having so much fun. They just couldn't get enough of that bombing, and just blew everything up!
Well that made the military look good, but I'm not really surprised much unfortunately.

9 Comments:

Blogger The Saturnyne said...

Haw! As recently vaguely mentioned (Hee!) i've become totally addicted to the World of Warcraft MMORPG where i have discovered a fondness for cute young troll grrls.

It's the tusks! Phwoaarr!

(Yes everyone, i definitely need to get out more. MUCH more).

S.

7:48 AM  
Blogger The Prisoner said...

me mate kev spends all his time on that. i'll have to get him to look out for yez, your stiil called the saturnyne presumably?

5:51 AM  
Blogger The Saturnyne said...

nah... i'm on the dragonblight server... an' my Saturnyne character isn't in use at the moment

got a troll grrl called Massha (Massha, geddit?)

Anna troll dude called Vommit
(Vommit! Geddit? Geddit?)

*groan*

Hee-hee!

And, apart from the weekly cost of £1.70 odd, it's a verr beautiful thing to see... quite astonishing how game tech has advanced so much.... hmm... like everything else. God i used to be awed by digital watches! And thought Galaxians and Defender in the arcades was the bees-knees!

Oh, and does anyone else still a thrill when receiving an email or IMS msg from the other side of the world? I love that more than anything! (Well, most things)

S.

9:03 AM  
Blogger LiVEwiRe said...

My own personality is littered with hidden grenades therefore I have not gotten involved in gaming. Well, that and the fact that I have to think and have strategies and stuff. That's hard. Regarding 'friendly fire' - yeah. That's an oxymoron for sure, but it becomes clear why it happens when you see comments like that.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Ginger Doll said...

ah S, we're showing our age by admitting our long fondness for games passed like Defender and Galaxian, and indeed the original King Kong and Hopper (or Frogger). Reminds me of my first pc, a humble little acorn electron that I was so proud of even though everyone else had spectrums and better games. And those loading games via a tape recorder that would follow through all the hexidecimal numbers, then crash mysteriously two digits away from completion after 45 mins...

Hurrah! for progress, that's what this crusty says!

9:06 AM  
Blogger Ginger Doll said...

OOPS! Game faux par - Donkey Kong even....

1:37 PM  
Blogger LiVEwiRe said...

I used to love Frogger and Donkey Kong. Now I'm going all nostalgic...

9:18 PM  
Blogger The Prisoner said...

my first video game was horace goes skiing on an ol' spectrum. that takes me back...

4:50 AM  
Blogger Motormouth said...

My first game was Burnin' Rubber on an amstrad. Still got it. It was the only game I had for the console though, but then I moved on to a NES, YAY!!

5:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home